explore all services

We are an award-winning U.S. immigration law firm helping people clear immigration hurdles so they can pursue their goals in the United States.

David Immigration Law PLLC is a U.S. immigration law firm helping people pursue their American dreams. We are one of the only law offices in the United States with a primary focus on the U.S. immigration needs of Australian citizens. US immigration lawyer Andrew David will successfully guide you through the confusing and complex immigration system with care and expertise. From Melbourne and now a dual national of the U.S. and Australia, Andrew understands how important this step is in your journey. Whether you need a USA work visa, Green Card, or another service, we can help.

David Immigration Law PLLC serves the U.S. immigration needs of foreign citizens, businesses and corporations. In addition to providing a range of U.S. immigration legal services, David Immigration Law offers a highly rated E-3 Visa service for Australian citizens. We help people from Sydney, Melbourne, and around the world.

David Immigration Law - US Immigration lawyer Melbourne Minneapolis

Schedule a Consultation

Have questions? Complete this form to receive a link to book your personalized phone consultation with US immigration lawyer Andrew David.

Trusted for success.

David Immigration Law provides complete advisory and application preparation services for businesses and individuals on many U.S. immigration matters. U.S. immigration lawyer Andrew David and his team have more than 40 years of combined legal experience and a proven track record for success – over 99% of our applications have been approved*. Our goal is to reduce your stress, speed up your outcome, and eliminate problems caused by common application errors.

U.S. Visas

We offer a suite of U.S. Visa services for businesses and individuals. Applications include K-1, H1-B, L-1A/L-1B, O-1, E-2, E-3, F-1, B-1, B-2, and more.

U.S. Green Cards

We offer streamlined immigration services for individuals seeking permanent residence in the U.S. through a spouse, family member or employer.

For Australians

We offer a wide range of USA work visas and immigration services for Australians, including our streamlined E-3 Visa service for skilled workers and U.S. businesses who want to hire Australians.

As featured on


Founding Attorney

As a U.S. immigration lawyer from Melbourne, dual citizen of Australia and first-generation American, Andrew has lived the U.S. immigration experience. Starting as a visitor, then visa holder, then permanent resident, and finally a U.S. citizen, Andrew understands the magnitude of every application he prepares. With hundreds of five-star reviews and a proven track record for success, Andrew guides every client with expertise and care.

Andrew holds Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws degrees, and is a dual qualified lawyer in Australia and the U.S. (New York). He also proudly served in the Australian Navy with several tours of duty overseas.

David Immigration Law, PLLC BBB Business Review
Andrew David - US immigration lawyer Melbourne

What makes David Immigration Law different?

High success rate – over 99% of applications approved*

One of the highest client rated U.S. immigration law firms in Minneapolis and Melbourne

We are immigrants ourselves and understand your fears and concerns

We have decades of combined experience in U.S. immigration law and procedure

Fully inclusive fixed fees that remove uncertainty

You will receive professional guidance from licensed U.S. immigration attorney Andrew David

You will receive tailored and personalized immigration strategies

We share your goal to get you where you want to be – quickly and easily

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

The following answers are for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. You should consult a licensed U.S. immigration lawyer to get specific advice for your situation prior to making decisions.

Can I qualify for an E-3 Visa without a 4-yr degree?

Yes. An E-3 Visa requires an applicant to have a 4-yr bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, or a combination of both. This generally translates to 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of tertiary study. So, an applicant without any tertiary education would require a minimum of 12 years of work experience in the same career field they are applying to work in.

Does an E-3 Visa require an employer to sponsor me?

No, it only requires an employer to formally offer you a job. The job should require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, and the salary needs to meet or exceed the prevailing wage.

Can any U.S. company hire me for an E-3 Visa?

Yes, as long as they are a legitimate trading entity/business.

How long does it take to get an E-3 Visa?

Comparatively speaking, the E-3 Visa is the fastest U.S. work visa to obtain. It generally takes David Immigration Law less than 2 weeks to prepare an E-3 Visa application. Overall processing time depends on whether you are applying at a consular or embassy location, or filing internally within the U.S, and can range from a few weeks to a few months. Many of our clients opt to attend their interview at the U.S. consulates in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney.

Who can be a financial sponsor for an I-130 family-based Green Card application?

Any U.S. citizen or permanent resident living or domiciled in the U.S. who earns U.S. income that meets or exceeds the U.S. poverty guidelines or equivalent through U.S. assets.

How long do I have to marry my U.S. fiancé after I enter the U.S. on a K-1 Visa?

You will have 90 days to marry your U.S. citizen petitioner and file to Adjust Status to become a U.S. permanent resident.

How long do I have to enter the U.S. on my K-1 or Immigrant Visa?

You can enter the U.S. at any point in time as long as your visa is valid.

How long does it take to get a K-1 Visa?

Processing times for K-1 Visas are always in flux and subject to change. In general, you can expect to wait approximately 10 months once your application is submitted.

How long does it take to get an I-130 and Immigrant Visa approved?

Processing times for I-130 petitions and Immigrant Visas are in flux and always subject to change. In general, it takes USCIS approximately 12 months to process the I-130 application. You should also prepare for an additional 6 months to go through the remaining stages required for USCIS to issue the Immigrant Visa you will need to enter the U.S.

Have more questions?

Schedule a call


Best Immigration Law Firm Melbourne logo
American Immigration Lawyers Association Logo
New York State Bar Association logo
David Immigration Law, PLLC BBB Business Review

David Immigration Law
80 South 8th St. #900
Minneapolis, MN 55402

Representative Office
530 Little Collins St.
Melbourne, VIC 3000

Privacy Policy

The information contained throughout this website, including the information provided in our Blog, is provided for general information purposes only. As each immigration matter is different, this general information should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should consult with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney before making any decisions applicable to your specific circumstances. Practice limited to U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law. Attorney Advertising.

*Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.

**We do not practice or provide advice regarding any form of Australian law, including Australian immigration law.