For Australians

USA work visa, us immigration lawyer Melbourne, us immigration lawyer Sydney, e3 visa lawyer

We help Australians clear immigration hurdles so they can pursue their goals in the United States.

Embarking on a U.S. immigration journey is a time of excitement and change. It can also be a time of uncertainty, with life getting put on hold until your application is approved. Our goal is to develop a strategy that sets you up for success and makes your journey easy.

We offer a wide range of USA work visas and immigration services for Australians, including our streamlined E-3 Visa service for skilled workers and U.S. businesses who want to hire Australians. The E-3 Visa is the most common USA work visa for Australian citizens. Don’t risk your E-3 application and unique job opportunity in the U.S. going it alone. Our E-3 Visa application success rate is over 99%*.

Australians outside the U.S.

With a representative office in Melbourne, David Immigration Law addresses the high demand for U.S. immigration services within Australia, representing individuals applying for U.S. visas before the U.S. Consulates in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. This also includes Waivers of Inadmissibility.

In addition to U.S. citizenship, there are numerous visa options available to Australians. Non-immigrant and immigrant visa options are available to Australians and citizens from other countries, and a particularly popular option is the E-3 Visa exclusively for Australians.

Australians in the U.S.

By directly focusing on the needs of Australians located in the U.S., David Immigration Law is truly different. Attorney Andrew David combines his knowledge of U.S.immigration law with his experience as an Australian expat living in the United States to best serve Australian citizens. Whether you’re an Australian living in the U.S. seeking advice regarding E-3 Visas or a different U.S. immigration need, we can help.

In addition to providing a range of U.S. immigration legal services, David Immigration Law provides a unique E-3 Visa service to the Australian expatriate communities located throughout the United States. This includes assisting Australian expats applying for a new E-3 visa at a U.S. Consular post outside of Australia. We also help Australian citizens with Change of Status applications (for applicants who may already hold a visa) and citizenship applications.

David Immigration Law service for Australians

Awards & Memberships

David Immigration Law, PLLC BBB Business Review

Schedule a Consultation

Have questions? Complete this form to receive a link to book your personalized phone consultation with US immigration lawyer Andrew David.

U.S. Immigration Services for Australians


I-130 Family Based Green Card

The I-130 petition is the main pathway used to bring a foreign spouse or other qualifying foreign family member to the United States. More>

I-140 Employment Based Green Card

The I-140 petition, also known as PERM, grants a foreign employee permanent residency in the United States.

Re-entry Permit for Green Card Holders

A Re-entry Permit for Green Card holders allows a lawful permanent resident or conditional permanent resident to apply for admission to the United States upon returning from a trip abroad during the permit’s validity without the need to obtain a returning resident visa from a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate.

Employment Authorization

An EAD allows a qualifying applicant already in the United States to obtain non-visa related work authorization.

Advance Parole

Advance Parole allows a visa holder already in the United States undertaking the Adjustment of Status process to depart and return to the U.S. while maintaining their Permanent Resident application.

Green Card Lottery

The Green Card Lottery is the annual lottery program for U.S. Permanent Resident status (Green Card), which designates up to 50,000 immigrant visas annually, drawn randomly from qualified applicants.

I-485 Adjustment of Status

The Adjustment of Status application is the process for a qualifying applicant already in the United States to seek U.S. Permanent Residency.


E-3 Visa for Australians

The E-3 Visa is the most common U.S. work visa for Australian citizens. It allows degree qualified (or those with equivalent work experience) Australian applicants to work in the U.S. in a Specialty Occupation. The E-3 is valid for 2 years, and renewable indefinitely. Dependents of E-3 Visa holders can apply for E-3D Visas and have work rights approved. More>

E-2 Treaty Visa for Investors

The E-2 Visa is used by entrepreneurs to grant lawful residence in the United States when either: (1) investing into an existing business in the U.S.; or (2) starting a new business in the U.S.

K-1 Visa for Fiancés

The K-1 Visa allows a foreign fiancé to enter the United States to marry a U.S. citizen, with 90 days to pursue an Adjustment of Status to lawful permanent residency. More>

B-1 Visitor Visa (Business)

The B-1 Visa allows holders to temporarily visit the United States for broad-based business related activities. More>

B-2 Visitor Visa (Tourism)

The B-2 Visa allows individuals to temporarily visit the United States for tourism. People who do not qualify to visit the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program, or want to visit longer than 90 days will typically seek a B2 Visa. More>

L-1A Visa for Intracompany Transfers

The L-1A Visa is for a qualifying foreign employee (intracompany transferee) who will work in either a managerial or executive position in the United States, and who already works in a managerial or executive position outside the U.S. for a related/qualifying entity. The maximum stay permitted is 7 years.

L-1B Visa for Specialized Knowledge Professionals

The L-1B Visa is for a qualifying foreign employee (intracompany transferee) who will work in a Specialized Knowledge position in the United States, and who already works in a Specialized Knowledge position outside the U.S. for a related/qualifying entity. The maximum stay permitted is 5 years.

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Student Visa is for full-time students at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution.

O-1 Visa for Extraordinary Individuals

The O-1 Visa is used to bring a person to the United States who possesses a demonstrated record of Extraordinary Ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or motion picture or television industry at national or international level.

H-1B Visa for Skilled Workers

The H-1B is used for degree qualified applicants traveling to the United States for work in a Specialty Occupation. Capped at 80,000 visas per year and granted by lottery system. H-1B holders typically have a maximum of 6 years stay permitted.


U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization

Certain people can qualify to become a U.S. citizen if they were born outside the United States (called Naturalization). We help ascertain if and when you qualify, prepare the application, and prepare you for the U.S. Citizenship Test.

Immigration Compliance Monitoring

We assist U.S. employers with strict compliance regulations for legal immigration and Department of Labor requirements.

I-94 Records Management

The I-94 is an electronically generated document issued to U.S. visitors and immigrants by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, showing the date or entry and length of permitted stay in the United States. We help companies track I-94 expiry dates for their employees and develop strategies for renewing I-94s as needed.

Request for Evident Submission (RFE)

A request issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services for additional information to support a previously filed Petition. An application is at risk of being denied if these requests are not met.

Assistance with Consulate Appointments

We work with businesses and individuals to develop the best strategy for U.S. Consulate appointments, and help secure them or make changes if needed.

I-539 Nonimmigrant Change of Status

An I-539 allows nonimmigrant visa holders to extend their stay or change to another nonimmigrant visa.


Streamlined E-3 Visa for Australians

The E-3 Visa is for degree qualified Australian applicants traveling to the United States for work in a Specialty Occupation. A spouse, as well as children under 21 years of age, can apply for an E-3D (dependent) visa with a primary E-3 applicant. Compared to most other USA work visas, the E-3 for Australians is generally considered one of the fastest visas to obtain. We work directly with individual applicants and U.S. employers to make the application process smooth and easy so you can move forward with your career, fast. We have completed many hundreds of E-3 visa applications across almost all major industries, including technology, e-commerce, legal, oil and gas, finance, healthcare, construction, agriculture, retail & hospitality, tourism and many more.

E-3 Visa Guidelines

The E-3 Visa is a 2-year nonimmigrant work visa only for Australian citizens. You must apply for an E-3 at a U.S. consulate, oftentimes Sydney, Melbourne or Perth, but clients have had success in many other cities worldwide.

Requires a Bachelors degree, work experience, or a combination of both

Requires a job offer that also requires a bachelor degree

Family members can apply for E-3D Visas with work rights

Fast – E-3 Visas are often granted within 2-3 months of case initiation

There is no limit on the number of times you can apply for an E-3. 

Our E-3 Visa Service

We have over a 99%* approval rate for E-3 Visa applications. While the application process can be confusing and time-consuming, our tailored service removes the stress for you and your employer and helps you both reach your goals fast:

Undertaking an initial eligibility assessment

Developing a strategy tailored to your circumstances

Streamlined application preparation for you and your employer

Preparing employer documents and guiding them through each step

Interview scheduling and preparation

Have more questions?

Schedule a call

USA work visas, us immigration lawyer Melbourne, us immigration lawyer Sydney, E3 visa lawyer

Our process.

David Immigration Law provides complete advisory and application preparation services for businesses and individuals on many U.S. immigration matters. With more than 40 years of combined legal experience, we have a proven track record for success – over 99% of our applications have been approved.* Our goal is to reduce your stress, speed up your outcome, and eliminate problems caused by common application errors.

Step 1:
Phone Consultation

Schedule your initial call. Attorney Andrew David will outline your options, assess eligibility, develop a strategy and help you decide the best course of action.

Step 2:
Work Confirmation & Engagement

After receiving your electronically signed Letter of Engagement, you can expect your case to be initiated within one business day. Our goal is to achieve your immigration solution as quickly as possible.

Step 3:
Case Preparation

You will benefit from our streamlined system for gathering relevant documents and information to support your case. Your case will be prepared promptly, and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions along the way.

Step 4:
Interview & Outcome

Attorney Andrew David will walk you through what to expect at your interview (if relevant), and go through your final case before submission. You can trust that we will put forward the strongest case possible for your unique situation.


As a dual citizen of Australia and first-generation American, Andrew has lived the U.S. immigration experience. He has felt your frustrations about wait times and burdensome paperwork and understands the magnitude of every application he prepares. With hundreds of five-star reviews and a proven track record for success, Andrew guides every client with expertise and care, and an expectation for success. 

Andrew holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Master of Laws degrees, and is a dual qualified lawyer in Australia and the U.S. (New York). He also proudly served in the Australian Navy with several tours of duty overseas. He is a member of The New York Bar Association and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

US immigration lawyer Melbourne - Andrew David

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

The following answers are for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. You should consult a licensed U.S. immigration lawyer to get specific advice for your situation prior to making decisions.

Can I qualify for an E-3 Visa without a 4-yr degree?

Yes. An E-3 Visa requires an applicant to have a 4-yr bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, or a combination of both. This generally translates to 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of tertiary study. So, an applicant without any tertiary education would require a minimum of 12 years of work experience in the same career field they are applying to work in.

Does an E-3 Visa require an employer to sponsor me?

No, it only requires an employer to formally offer you a job. The job should require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, and the salary needs to meet or exceed the prevailing wage.

Can any U.S. company hire me for an E-3 Visa?

Yes, as long as they are a legitimate trading entity/business.

How long does it take to get an E-3 Visa?

Comparatively speaking, the E-3 Visa is the fastest U.S. work visa to obtain. It generally takes David Immigration Law less than 2 weeks to prepare an E-3 Visa application. Overall processing time depends on whether you are applying at a consular or embassy location, or filing internally within the U.S, and can range from a few weeks to a few months.

Who can be a financial sponsor for an I-130 family-based Green Card application?

Any U.S. citizen living in the U.S. earning U.S. income that meets or exceeds the U.S. poverty guidelines or equivalent through U.S. assets.

How long do I have to marry my U.S. fiancé after I enter the U.S. on a K-1 Visa?

You will have 90 days to marry your U.S. citizen petitioner and file to Adjust Status to become a U.S. permanent resident.

How long do I have to enter the U.S. on my K-1 or Immigrant Visa?

You can enter the U.S. at any point in time as long as your visa is valid.

How long does it take to get a K-1 Visa?

Processing times for K-1 Visas are always in flux and subject to change. In general, you can expect to wait approximately 10 months once your application is submitted.

How long does it take to get an I-130 and Immigrant Visa approved?

Processing times for I-130 petitions and Immigrant Visas are in flux and always subject to change. In general, it takes USCIS approximately 12 months to process the I-130 application. You should also prepare for an additional 6 months to go through the remaining stages required for USCIS to issue the Immigrant Visa you will need to enter the U.S.

Have more questions?

Schedule a call

USA work visa, E3 Visa, US immigration lawyer Melbourne, US immigration lawyer Sydney, migrate to USA from Australia


Best Immigration Law Firm Melbourne logo
American Immigration Lawyers Association Logo
New York State Bar Association logo
David Immigration Law, PLLC BBB Business Review

David Immigration Law
80 South 8th St. #900
Minneapolis, MN 55402

Representative Office
530 Little Collins St.
Melbourne, VIC 3000

Privacy Policy

The information contained throughout this website, including the information provided in our Blog, is provided for general information purposes only. As each immigration matter is different, this general information should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should consult with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney before making any decisions applicable to your specific circumstances. Practice limited to U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law. Attorney Advertising.

*Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.

**We do not practice or provide advice regarding any form of Australian law, including Australian immigration law.